Branson built a great platform for his tent and frame.
Our tents set up on the
Coast Trail on Vancouver Island.
and Willie Robertson
Dynasty sitting in front of a Deluxe wall
tent at the Edmonton Sportsman Show 2013.
A Standard model being used by the
Sirmilik National Parks Service on Baffin Island.
This picture was from the Yukon sent by
TJ Schwanky of the
* Wall tents provide much more than shelter, they literally become a home away from home on hunting trips and after spending a season with my Deluxe Wall Tent, I have to say they make one very comfortable home. Set up with the internal frame is a breeze even for one person and the small details like the storm windows, drying bar, storage bags, tarps and the huge porch set Deluxe apart from all the others. Perry really takes care of his customers and when you order a Deluxe Wall Tent, you receive everything you need to head to the bush. I must admit that I was a bit sceptical about the side wall chimney hole but after using it, I’d never go back. I can get away with less stovepipe and there’s no worry
about spark holes in the tent.
LaFauchi from The Real Canadian Joes sent us this one.
* Whether we're hunting Black
Bears on the west coast of Vancouver Island or
setting up camp for fall Moose hunts we rely on
the comfort of our Deluxe Wall Tent. We
appreciate your sponsorship towards our group
here on The Real Canadian Joes and the tent has
been a well used tool in the field. All the best
in 2012 and your continued success with Deluxe
Angie Ross from Shylynn
Ranch, Salmon Arm, B.C. did an awesome job on her
* Our guests love the new
tent, thank you. Here are some pictures. 1
Graup from Calgary, AB sent this picture
Earlier this year I bought a 12'
x 14' Deluxe Wall Tent from you and wanted to
share a few pictures of my two trips in Northern
Alberta. I was the most comfortable I've
been in 30 years. The tent performed
flawlessly. The first trip was a September
moose hunt and the second one a November deer
hunt. The tent was put to the test. We had
everything from a heat wave, rain, snow and 90
km./hr. winds. Our November trip went from -15
with a foot of snow to rain and then -25 with 2
1/2 feet of snow. I can't stress enough how
important it is to anchor the tent and tarp. I
almost crapped my pants a few times in the middle of
the night with the high winds. I'm so glad
I bought a quality product. Please don't
sacrifice quality in the future. Also,
please forward my thank you to your family for a
Mayer enjoying the snow in comfort in northern B.C.
A custom tent set up in a hunting camp.
Jim Shockey, professional big game hunter and outfitter
* Deluxe Wall Tents are the Team Shockey choice for our outfitting operations. Quality construction, custom work upon request and attention to detail......these products stand up to the harshest conditions in North America.
White from Fatal
Impact Outdoors sent this picture.
All of us here at Fatal Impact
would like to thank you for making such a
quality tent. Whether we were in the wide
open prairie in southern Saskatchewan, far
northern forests of Alberta or deep in the
heart of the Rocky Mountains our Deluxe Wall
Tents have performed each and every time. One of
the challenges we face as a television crew is
keeping our cameras and equipment safe and dry
and your tents do exactly that. We faced heavy,
wet snow, soaking rain and sub zero temperatures
with absolutely no issues whatsoever. After 3
weeks straight in the mountains the only comfort
at the end of the day was knowing that we were
heading back to a warm comfortable home away
Neumayer, a prospector from Austria at
his mining camp in the Yukon.
An insulated tent set up in
Algonquin Provincial Park, ON
Vilches sent us this picture from
Basson of Vancouver sent this picture of
her guest bedroom on her gulf island property
Justin from the Yukon built an insulated entry area with a view over the lake.
and Nadine Orr from Vernon, B.C. sent us
The tent was fantastic! We were
very comfy and warm. 12' x 14' is perfect for 2
people. It was so quick and easy to set up.
Thanks so much for such a wonderful product.
Fry from The
Guide Life sent us this picture.
Here's a video of Brad
setting up his tent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--eltErdKpw
Whether I'm guiding in the
Yukon, NWT, BC or Saskatchewan I'm never
far away from a wall tent camp of some
kind. I've had them leak, burn down, leak
some more, destroyed by bears and blown away.
The Deluxe Wall Tent I used this past fall was
the best design I have ever used. The internal
frame is sweet to say the least allowing for
plenty of extra space and along with bulletproof
construction in even the most uneven spots. The
quality and durability of the tents along with
the attention to detail and unbelievable
customer service makes choosing a Deluxe Wall
Tent a no brainer. P.S. The roomy game
bags and slick bed rolls will be with me on my
next wilderness adventure.
Anne Hutchison from Ontario enjoying her deck.
Bart Lancaster, B.C. guide and outfitter, outdoor writer and film maker.
* I bought my Deluxe wall tent and internal frame in 2003 and love it. It makes a perfect camp using propane lights and a stove for a kitchen. Mine is a 14' x 16' with a porch and it sets up quickly. It sleeps four people on cots with lots of room to spare. If you're looking for a quick dry satellite camp this is it.
Melting snow for tea 700 kms. north of the Arctic Circle.
McKean, owner and head
Fishing Adventures sent us this
First I would like to thank the
crew at Deluxe Wall Tents for taking great care
in sending me all the right gear for the task at
hand. The camp was extremely comfortable even in
the heaviest rain. The add on that completed the
package was the awning. It was a quick set up
with all the colour coded aluminum poles and the
14' x 20' was a home away from home in under 30
minutes. The woodstove was great for warming us
up after a long day of steelhead fishing.
Your wall tent made our season a great success.
Two of Gill's happy clients
after a day of Steelhead fishing.
Pierre Frigon from
Alberta Pro Staff sent us this one.
* My moose hunting buddy and I had been using a solid & heavy tent for years, made by an Alberta competitor, but I decided last year that I was getting myself a brand new wall tent, and selected a Deluxe Wall Tent after seeing their ad in the Alberta Outdoorsmen magazine. I opted for the 10' by 15' Deluxe model (with 8 foot
center and 5 foot walls), and little did I know as to what I was about to get!
The tent was shipped real promptly & I set it up in the back yard as soon as I got it. I could not believe all that came with it... Lightweight durable aluminum tubular frame, 2 XL windows, two locations for the stove pipe, 5 foot porch extension, clothes drying rack, a heavy tarp which covers the whole length of the roof section, zippered screen and zippered door, heavy storage bags for the tent & frame, and above all, a sturdy, lightweight and durable cloth material. The workmanship in the sewing is second to none. In the first few days of last year's moose hunt - we were battered by 3 days of hurricane type winds. The tent never budged and showed no signs of stress anywhere. Absolutely remarkable. As the trip was nearing the end - it rained on us solid for 2 days, and the rain quit with less than a day left in the trip. I was later floored when I realized that the tent had completely dried out in less than 6 hours - something of utmost importance when selecting a wall tent.
I loved it so much that I ordered an 8' X 10' Deluxe Model this year, with extended porch, perfectly suited to horseback & ATV trips.
I invite every serious outdoorsman to have a hard look at this great Canadian made product. You will not be disappointed!
http://www.albertaoutdoorsmen.ca/pro-staff-of-moose-and-fires.html to read a great story Pierre wrote involving one of our tents.
Our tents being used by S.O.S. Children's Villages for earthquake relief in Haiti
The 1st. BEAR Kelowna
Ventures, Rovers and Scouts camping at Manning
Park in January
Best from Calgary, AB sent this picture.
Just wanted to say thanks
again, the tent is fantastic. Set up was quick
and easy. The family loved it, can't wait for
Oct./Nov. hunting camp.
Hoddinott from Ontario sent this picture.
The 40th. National Dene Assembly in Fort Good Hope, NT.
This picture from Jill
Conner, Rimbey, AB.
I've now been thru a blizzard
in April, lots and lots of rain and snow and
smoking hot summer days! And I'm warm and dry.
My neighbors have all come over with lots of ooh
and awes and want a tent of their own.
This picture from Scott Dubitz
of Lacombe, AB (check out the Canadian flag)
* FYI - the tent was awesome. We got back from a week long moose hunt and I am so happy with the tent and frame.
Added floor was an excellent option. We met some other hunters out on the trail and gave them a tour of the tent and referred your company.
They were also impressed. Thank you.
Inroads Mtn. Sports sent this picture.
Thomas Sallows from
Mountain Man Adventures sent us this
As a hunting outfitter in
Northern Alberta my operation relies on the
ability to supply comfortable, warm and reliable
camps in very remote areas. Deluxe wall tents
are perfect for this. With the tent and
frame we are able to produce a top notch camp
and use limited time for set up/take down so no
hunting time is lost which is a must. Our
clients have nothing but good things to say
about our kitchen and sleeping accomodations.
Schwanky & Rich
Mellon from Outdoor Quest TV at the Calgary Sportsman Show, 2011.
Wade Sardoff, Wainrwright, AB
* Hi Perry, the tent works great. We have stayed in it and hunted out of it about 25 nights already this fall.
Here is a pic of the tent last week , we have had snow and rain and -15 weather and no problems. Thanks again for the great service. The Sardoffs
This one from a customer from
This picture from Gibson
Tilley, Calgary, AB
years I pondered the idea of a wall tent for the
ultimate camping adventures that I would most
certainly find myself enjoying in various
locations throughout Western Canada. I
researched the wall tent idea, and different
options and manufacturers, comparing: quality,
durability, construction and price. I decided on
a Deluxe Wall Tent because of the customer
reviews and in comparison, no other brand could
offer what Deluxe does. I have taken my 14 x 16
foot tent to the banks of the Kitimat and Exstew
rivers where we and all of our gear stayed
perfectly dry in our tent during the North Coast
weather systems which frequented us daily. This
last year we set a personal best for coldest
hunting camp in our tent camping near Noregg,
Alberta where the temperatures dipped as low as
-29 at night. With the side exit stove pipe, we
don’t burn holes in the roof of the tent, and
it holds the heat in better as well. Deluxe Wall
Tents offer outstanding service, and an amazing
product which have given my friends and I
memories that will last as long as the tent,
forever! Thanks Deluxe
Harrop's camp in the Yukon fall 2011.
Hey Perry, this is a pic of
our camp in Newfoundland. The tents could
not be better.
Here's a video of Steve
setting up his tents: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Pgu2Pfiag
Michel Gautier from Trois
Riviers sent this picture.
Here is a picture of my
installation in Lac-aux-sables, Quebec. It is a
14' x 12' model and we are so proud we have
chosen your product. The quality of the
structure and the canvas are obvious and all our
visiting friends are impressed at first sight.
We've been every 2 weeks last winter with
temperatures down to -25 celcius and it was
just a matter of having good dry wood in our
Outfitter stove to stay comfortable. Shipment
was fast and convenient and we look forward to
doing business with you guys again.
Deluxe wall tents used for comfort camping at
Provincial Park in Alberta.
And at Miquelon Lake Park in
Jason and Kevin Spenst of
Hunting Chronicles T.V. show.
The Hunting Chronicles crew
spends numerous hours in harsh elements chasing
a variety of quarry. We chose Deluxe Wall Tents
for their durability, comfort and quality. The
aluminum frame makes set up quick and easy. This
picture is from our hunting camp in the Rocky
Mountains. This season we are planning a
November goat hunt in B.C. and a prairie mule
deer hunt and you won't catch us without our
home away from home.
Mike Burns of Fort St. John,
recent winner of the Hunting
BC raffle, sent us this picture.
Enviornment Canada using one
of our tents (right) on Southhampton Isle., NU
Tom Martin of
Canada sent this one.
We've used our Deluxe Wall
Tent for Hitmen Canada for a bear hunt up in
Northern Ontario as well as for a moose
hunt. We were all amazed at the quality of
construction as well as ease of set up. It took
less than half an hour to get the tent set up.
We were all very comfortable and had lots of
room to move around. We can't wait to plan our
next trip with our Deluxe Wall Tent.
Myles Bruns sent us this one
Thought you guys might enjoy a
photo of our tongue-in-cheek camp last year. We
had a couple of visitors to camp one day and
they remarked on the quality of the wall tent
and the "Hilton" like set up (solar
powered electric lights, woodstove and hot
water). One night after dinner I made this
sign. You make great tents and I am
looking forward to more time in it this fall.
Damdochax River Lodge sent us this one.
here to read a great review Hannah posted on
Newfoundland Coastal Safari
* Newfoundland Coastal Safari operates Atlantic Canada's only wilderness tent camp on the shores of Fortune Bay in the Newfoundland South Coast Wilderness. In 2004 when we decided to upgrade from poles to an internal frame system for our 12 x14 tents we did a lot of looking on the internet. With only a few weeks to go before the start of the 2005 tourist season we finally decided on Deluxe Wall Tents. They shipped us one unit by air and we quickly assembled it in our backyard. Everyone that saw it was impressed including us. We ordered five more units and they worked out great. Our six tents sit on wooden platforms and are up from June until September. We have had no problems. A Great product!
Mike Busch, Medicine Hat, AB
I recently purchased (spring 2010), one of your deluxe wall tents, and have never been happier to be out in the bush.. set up is a breeze, and take down is just as easy, nice to see that someone finally made a pack bag big enough to fit your tent into without having to vacuum pack it before trying to jam it into the storage bag. Wife thanks you, I thank you, and the dogs love it.
Bretan Baumgardt, Alberta
* My wife and I just spent 6 nights winter camping in the wall tent in the foothills of Alberta, and we had an AMAZING time. We were camping in a Deluxe Wall lent tent from a friend who was generous enough to let me borrow his newly purchased set up. The tent was very easy to set up, and we loved it! (I mixed up the roof trusses from the sidewall poles at first, but even then, had the tent up in less than 40 minutes for the first time ever setting up a wall tent.)
I'm now trying to convince my wife we need one of our own. You folks make a quality product. Here is a link to some pictures I posted on Alberta Outdoorsman.
Hope it results in some sales for you folks.
Take care; Bretan
Brian and Bev,Queen Charlotte Islands, B.C.
* We bought our tent and frame a few years ago and have found it to be everything we had hoped it would be. There have been more than a few occasions when we have spent the night out in it while a west coast storm was blowing through and we stayed warm and dry.
Patrick Graveley, Grande Prairie, Alberta
* Our hunting group invested in our 14' x 20' Deluxe wall tent in 2006 and already know it will give us nothing but years of durability. The tent is nothing but real made-in-Canada quality and the level of customer service we experienced was above and beyond what the competition could have offered. The larger tent offers plenty of room for 6 - 8 of us and all the gear required for a Peace Country elk hunt. Great tent!
*The first time I put my tent up with the aluminum frame, I was impressed to discover that I set the whole rig up, covered with the tent, within a half an hour-all by myself. Take down was just as quick if not faster.
With some more practice, I expect to be able to have my tent ready to go within about 20 minutes with no help at all.
The only recommendation I could make is to ensure that the instructions mention to assemble the frame one square roof section at a time.
Part of my time was spent fiddling around putting the the green poles together first and trying to line them all up with the red poles rather than assembling the frame a section at a time.
I'll know better for next time.
Coupled with the excellent service and quick communication from Perry when I had any questions, this purchasing experience has far surpassed my expectations.
Considering the fact that I live about 1400 km North of Vancouver, I have been more than impressed by the quick delivery and the fact that Perry stands behind his product even though I'm so far away.
I can't wait to take my tent into the bush.
Teacher, North Peace Secondary School, Fort St. John, B.C.
John Horsfield, Victoria, B.C.
* Hi, Perry. I just wanted to let you know how pleased I am with the tent. I just came home from a ten day trip and tent was amazing. In rain, snow and wind it performed flawlessly and was truly deluxe! Thanks for a great product!
Corey Zavier Nelson, B.C.
* A little bit of space seems to feed the soul in moments of solitude while camping during the winter. While living in a communal house with constant movement, it’s rather difficult to maintain focus while working at home, the space that the 16’x14’ tent offers that I lived in throughout the winter was a beautiful escape from the everyday social life. In November I realized that I wanted to move out of the house that I was living in, but wanted to stay on the land. There are quite a bit of options when it comes to living outside of house walls. A trailer crossed my mind, maybe a camper, yet as soon as a friend of mine recommended a tent I felt like that would be a great way to spend a winter, as well as the following seasons to come. A portable home was exactly what I was looking for, and with a transient lifestyle, moving from farm to farm, with potential in the future of exploring the back country camping my way through the bush on horse back, a tent began to make more sense for the lifestyle that I’m intrigued about. While growing up as a kid my dad and I would go winter camping every year, and we slept in a similar wall tent, a bit smaller though. I chose to get a rather large tent because it’s my full time home. I setup up under a structure that a friend had built for last winters living he had in his airstream, with a solid wood roof overhead I didn’t have to really worry about snow accumulation on the actual tent, I think we got about 4’ of snow in total this past season. Next step was to build a platform for the tent to go on, so I built a typical floor using 2x4 and t/g plywood, and had it raised above the ground about 12”. Once that was all setup it was time to get the tent up, once raised I moved in the stove and setup a sleeping area, shelving units around the perimeter, with a table next to the woodstove in front of the window. I stocked up my woodpile rather high, unsure as to how much wood I would be using during the winter months. I found a wood stove for rather cheap in a neighboring town meant to heat a space double the size of the area in the tent. I figured with no insulation on the walls, a lot of heat would be lost, yet during the first cold snap sometime in December it got to near –20 in the depth of the night. To my surprise the tent kept incredibly warm, comfortable to sleep in, with the early wake up stoke the fire routine maintained I was cozy and warm every night. I’m currently in the process of packing it up to move to another piece of land where I’ll be living in it from now on, until I go traveling sometime next year perhaps. 16’x14’ worked out to be a comfy environment to inhabit, everything is close by, with enough space to stretch and move about with ease, as well as have company over for tea.